Translate

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Windows 8, 32 bit Install

Installed Windows 8 32 bit on a solid state drive in my Pentium 4 desktop. There were a few issues I ran into with the install, mainly because the system doesn't have a DVD player. What I had to do is put the drive in my laptop and install it there, and then put the drive back in the desktop. It worked but wouldn't recognize my desktop's USB network adapter, an old Linksys WUSB54G! So I put the drive back in my laptop where the internal network adapter worked just fine and I connected to my home network. Then I plugged in the Linksysadapter and Windows detected it and downloaded and installed the driver. I put the drive back in my desktop and I'm up and running and connected to the Internet! Once the Linksys was working I was also able to get an Alfa AWUS036H and a Netgear WNDA3100 running! When I connected each adapter, Windows 8 detected and installed the new device!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!